Tvorup Church ruin in Thy National Park
Tvorup Church in National Park Thy was a typical Romanesque village church from the 12th century built of granite block remains.
The flight of sand made it difficult to cultivate the land and the parish was gradually depopulated. In 1794, the parish was far below Vang Parish and the church was demolished. The building materials were recycled for Vang Church.
The back of Tvorup Church is now only filled between the two layers of squares that make up the Romanesque church walls. The site was excavated in 1940.
The former cemetery is covered with grass surrounded by an old church dike.