The village church Dybe Kirke is from the 12th century and is rich in historical memories.
Deep Church was built around the year 1100, where it has replaced a wooden church in the same place. The north side of the church looks very nice - almost unchanged for 900 years - with the original small Romanesque windows and the woman's door (today walled).
The church has fine well-preserved frescoes in the choir from 1517, the same year when Luther set up his theses in Wittenberg. The oldest parts are painted by the Lemvig master, Esger Andersen. They have never been overpainted. In 2003, a glass climate screen was installed to optimize humidity and temperature.
In the chancel vault are beautiful frescoes from the Reformation period and over the altar, which is of granite blocks, hangs a late Gothic crucifix.
On the north wall an epitaph of two priests from the end of the 17th century and on the south wall a memorial plaque to the provosts Jørgen Weddel and Chr. Arent Brasch.
The pulpit's small light sky bears the mark of having been a fountain sky.
It has long been known that these 12th-century stone churches have had older wooden predecessors, but concrete testimonies are rare.
Therefore, it was something of a sensation when during the restoration of Dybe Church in 1936, a wooden window frame from a former stave church was found. The wood in the frame is dated to 1080-1100.