The village church Tørring Church near Lemvig was built on a 44 meter high hill in the 12th century.
Tørring Church's approximately 20 meter high Late Gothic tower is known, and has therefore been used as a beacon for the fjord and sea.
The wing altarpiece from 1601 is made of oak and paid for by Ove Lykke.
The elevated choir section is due to the fact that under the floor of the choir there has been a burial chamber for the Friis family for the parish's only manor Vadskærgaard.
The church has been richly decorated with frescoes from several eras, but only a few have been highlighted.