The best furniture from the old church in Harboøre was recycled in the current church. It is not of great art-historical significance, but can be regarded as evidence of poor fishermen's willingness to sacrifice through the ages on the rugged Jutland West Coast.
In the 16th century Harboøre's first church was founded
It was demolished in 1909.
The present church was erected in 1910. The blocks of granite in the tower are from the old church. The inside of the church was restores in 1959 in a simple way.
The Roman font, the altar and the pulpit form the 17th century all originate from the old church.
On the southern wall a memorial for 2 crews, who drowned in 1862-1863, is to be found.