Børglum Monastery Church

Middle age power centre. 
Today's visitor at Børglum Monastery may wonder why this remote hill was chosen as a centre of power in the Middle Ages. However, here was a royal residence, which was raised to an episcopal residence in 1069.

In the middle of the 12th century, Børglum was the Scandinavian headquarters of the Praemonstratenser monks. Børglum was crown land after the Reformation in 1536 and until 1669, and after then was privately owned.

Family Owned Monastery
The present owners, Hans and Anne Rottbøll, are together with their children the 6th and 7th generation of the Rottbøll family at Børglum. The privately own monastery church and an additional 3,000 square metres of exhibition area house with various exhibitions with historic and artistic themes. For further information see http://www.boerglumkloster.dk/